February 17, 2012

through the years

Since I posted our anniversary post yesterday, I thought I would share some more beautiful pics of B and I through the years. Enjoy!!

Ben cheering me on in 1992 - our first date.
Grade 13 grad, 1993.
Ben loses the hockey hair, 1993. 
Dude with our first car together, our Honda Prelude. 1994.
Second year university, 1994.
Wedding attire, 1995. I was a bridesmaid. 
Wedding attire, 1997 (at least Ben lost the shorts). I was the MC at Maria and Sam's wedding. 
Ben's grad from Mac, 1997. 
Wedding attire, 1998. Yay for the Cechetto's!
New Year's, 1999. Celebrating with dear family. Ben was in festive Bahamian gear. I was Amelia Earhart. 
Wedding attire, 2001. Ben was in this wedding party (the Drumm's). Love this pic of us...
Peggy's Cove, 2001. Ben went east for 3 weeks to work on a movie. I visited for the long weekend in May. 
New Civic, 2001. Bought it on September 10, 2001...bad timing. 
Karate partners, 2002. Kicking the crap out of each other = priceless. 

Yesterday's post showed some pics from 2005 and 2006. 2003 and 2004 were lean picture years. I have realized that we need to keep taking pics of just us, even if it is just for embarrassing ourselves at a later date. Ben, you'll thank me someday.

I'm currently doing a reading plan (read through the Bible in 100 days), and today's reading was 1 Corinthians 13, the passage we read at our wedding. "Love never gives up. Love cares more for others than for self. Love doesn't want what it doesn't have. Love doesn't strut, doesn't have a swelled head, doesn't force itself on others, isn't always "me first", doesn't fly off the handle, doesn't keep score of the sins of others, doesn't revel when others grovel, takes pleasure in the flowering of truth, puts up with anything, trusts God always, always looks for the best, never looks back, but keeps going to the end. Love never dies."

I'm sorry for all the times I have fallen short. Though my attempts are insufficient, with God's help and grace, I will continue to love you deeply, though imperfectly. I'm so thankful we do have someone who loves us completely and perfectly.

Ben, here's lookin' at you, my incredibly handsome husband who has struggled with his fashion sense over the years but is coming into his own at the ripe age of 37. Love you.

T












No comments: